Motion Graphics Designer
Manchester Manchester Thorpe Road M40 5BJ 53.50188 -2.1949777
The Sharp Project - M40 5BJ
JD Sports PLC - At a glance
Established in 1981 with a single store in the North West of England, JD Sports Fashion Plc is a leading multichannel retailer of sports fashion and outdoor brands in the UK and Europe.
The Group has over 1200 stores across a number of retail fascias and is proud of the fact that it always provides its customers with the latest products from the very best brands.
The Group embraces the latest online and instore digital technology providing it with a truly multichannel, international platform for future growth.
A Motion Graphics Design vacancy has arisen within the team. In this role you will be responsible for the creation and enhancement of motion design for instore, online and social media. Collaborating closely with motion designers and digital creatives you will produce impactful motion design across digital channels for JD which is engaging, dynamic and contemporary. The candidate should be process driven, highly organised and someone who can use initiative, be proactive and is self-motivated. The designer should be confident working individually and as part of a team. The right candidate will have a passion for creativity, digital design and innovation, especially within motion design, combined with a strong foundation of graphic/ digital design principles. We are looking for a designer with a strong creative showreel, expressing skills in 2D and 3D motion design, which showcases their technical ability. The right candidate will have a modern and fresh approach to creating quality motion design, pushing the boundaries in what is possible in motion graphics and 3D motion design.
- Manage and deliver projects, sometimes to tight deadlines whilst maintaining high quality design output.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team to conceptualise and deliver high quality motion design for various campaigns and multimedia projects.
- Maintain awareness of relevant industry technology and software releases to ensure approach, processes and techniques remain current and efficient.
- Collaborate with designers to produce impactful motion design whilst maintaining the integrity of the original design.
- Develop campaigns utilising existing assets.
- Design within JD brand guidelines.
- Ensure that all creative is produced in a customer focused manner.
- Understand the department’s quality management and project management systems whilst employing a methodical approach to archive management and project organisation.
skills and experience needed
- Excellent motion graphics design skills.
- Fluent in Adobe After Effects.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe CC: XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and InDesign.
- Working knowledge of Maxon Cinema 4D is advantageous.
- Strong communication and creative/ concept development skills.
- Ability to storyboard concepts quickly and clearly articulate ideas to line manager and other team members.
- Strong understanding of compressing and encoding video formats.
- Strong foundation of digital design and graphic design principles.
- Interest/ working knowledge of video production.
- Proven experience within a similar role and the ability to produce motion design from initial brief right up to completion.
The Sharp Project - M40 5BJ